WEB ART DIRECTOR
Z SUPPLY is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Web Art Director to join our growing creative team. In this role, you will work closely with the President, Marketing Director, Creative Director, Photographers Graphic Designers, Videographers and Retouchers.
- Full Time / Salary
- Reporting to Design Director
- Position Location – Headquarters, Costa Mesa, CA
- Currently Remote - In Office as needed
- Hybrid In Office / Partial Remote - Sept 2021
- Not accepting applicants unable to work at Headquarters
You will be responsible for continuing to elevate the brand image and aesthetic of our graphics each season, seeing them from concept through production. We are looking for a leader whose background is graphic design-centered, with a strong sense of trend, color, digital layouts, e-commerce and typography. The position is currently remote, but our corporate office is in Costa Mesa, CA. This position reports to the Creative Director.
The Web Art Director will support the Creative Director to oversee our content program, both focusing on translating brand identity into visual content, and overseeing the capture and management of our creative assets.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with an exceptionally trained eye for detail, experience in ecommerce studio photoshoots, an understanding of photography and videography, and a very heavy hand in graphic design. They must be dedicated to delivering all web/studio photoshoots, print and online assets in accordance with brand personas, pillars, and communications. The Web Art Director must exhibit excellent communication and project management skills, as daily tasks require in-depth collaboration with Product, Creative, Marketing and E-Commerce teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and create apparel graphics from conception through final vendor-ready art
- Maintain a strong sense of the Z SUPPLY design aesthetic through all design work
- Research inspiration and keep abreast of relevant trends in the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with the Design Department to develop and execute seasonal deliverables
- Interpret trend boards and design direction to develop graphics
- Partner with designers to ensure a cohesive collection for each season
- Prepare print-ready artwork for vendors
- Assess and troubleshoot prototypes
- Develop and execute on ideation, building brand awareness and bringing our brand to life
- Research retail market trends and translate into graphics
- Maintain project libraries and organize graphics by season and concept
- Translate Brand DNA, Persona, and Communications into visual content
- Work with the President, Creative Director and Marketing director on web photoshoots
- Graphic Design - Key Email Campaigns (and other site graphics as needed, acting both as a web art director / sr. graphic designer)
- Graphic Design - Support CD in Digital Look books/Landing Pages; All high-level creative design (including but not limited to Look books, Landing Pages, Launch Emails, Social Campaigns, Marketing Campaigns, etc.)
- Graphic Design - Support CD in Seasonal Directional “Style Guides”
- Co-Manage Graphic Designers, providing feedback on digital assets they create, and gaining exec approval (Marketing Director/President) on Ecomm calendar
- Work with the CD to build out planning, casting and styling for shoots
- Help to oversee creative still life and social shoots
- Streamline and manage photo production process and digital image processing (making selects, giving feedback to retouchers for on-brand color correction and retouching)
- Work with retouchers, CD, and digital asset manager to ensure all ecommerce imagery is shot, retouched, resized, and saved correctly for all cross-functionals to use accordingly
- Conceptualize and give direction and styling for products and models in studio shoots with CD
- Able to draw upon experience and understanding to estimate and inform timelines, shot-lists, and capture expectations in order to successfully manage shoots.
- Capable of supervising a videographer on shooting and editing content on set.
- Collaborate on Art Direction for Studio shoots.
- Be up to date on current best practices to maximize efficiencies in studio output.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in Graphics Arts or related field.
- 3-5 Years as a Studio/Web Art Director
- 5-8 Years as a Sr. Graphic Designer
- Proven graphic and typographic skills with experience in both print and digital graphic design.
- Strong and relevant knowledge of trends in fashion and culture.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required with a background managing a small creative team.
- Must work well with fast turnaround deadlines and excel under tight deadlines.
- Highly detailed with the ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication.
- Comfortable working with an in-house photo studio and photographers.
- Mastery of photography including framing, lighting systems, composition, and knowledge of the capture and post-production processes across a variety of platforms, a plus.
- Experience casting talent, including models, hair & makeup artists, photographers, digi-techs, etc.
- Must be proficient in Capture One for image selects.
- Able and experienced in directing models in studio and juggling multiple factors in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work remotely, but potentially move in-office eventually, following company safety protocols
Z SUPPLY PERKS
At Z SUPPLY, departments work cross-functionally enabling everyone to further their knowledge and expertise in an inclusive, supportive environment that is committed to healthy work/life balance, peer mentorship, and community outreach. In addition to a collaborative and supportive culture, here are a few additional perks that are enjoyed by the Z Supply team:
- Teams work remote throughout summer and then company will transition to a hybrid schedule in September 2021
- Half-Day Fridays year-round
- New chic and modern offices located near top restaurants and shopping
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with year-end company donation