PRODUCTION ARTIST / RETOUCHER
Z SUPPLY is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Production Artist/Retoucher to join our growing creative team. In this role, you will work closely with the Sr. Retoucher, Creative Director, Marketing Director, Web Art Director, Graphic Designers and Social Media Team
You will be responsible supporting in producing and deploying creative assets across the .com and wholesale channels. As a main support for the Sr. Retoucher, you will assist on projects including but not limited to photo retouching for E-commerce Photos, Product Flats/Clippings, Still Life/Creative Flats, Re-sizing/Cropping and Renaming Assets. You will help support the life-cycle journey of daily emailers, by splicing and deploying the test emails, and coordinating any retouching asks from the Social Media Department. You will also support in organizing all photo assets in Global Edit (our digital asset manager),and serve as a secondary point person for image tracking and locating. The position is currently remote, but our corporate office is in Costa Mesa, CA. This position reports to the Creative Director.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with an exceptionally trained eye for detail, experience in retouching and ecommerce asset cropping/splicing/deploying. Must have experience in Capture One and extreme proficiency in the Adobe Suite with a keen understanding of photography. Light graphic design experience a plus for smaller one-off projects, and a balance of left/right brain is preferred. They must be dedicated to delivering all projects and assets in accordance with brand standards and guidelines, with excellent communication and self-starting and self-management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and support the Sr. Retoucher, Photographers, and Graphic Designers
- Retouch images across various product categories: Women’s Apparel, Girls Apparel, Creative Still Life, Social Media UGC, Product Flat Clippings, etc.
- Edit various types of photography: on location, in studio, on model, and lay down/flat images
- Retouching requests include work to skin, adjustment of clothing, color correction, and background & floor clean up
- Cropping and sizing photos as needed
- Maintain file names and organization on Global Edit DAM
- Communicate with marketing & creative teams on retouching projects and creative feedback on imagery via Slack/Basecamp/Weekly Meetings
- Support Sr. Retoucher on asset naming, and QA on asset master to images shot/retouched/received
- Ability to do light graphic design projects (like re-sizing images, sms, ads)
- Coding Back End Site for Landing Pages, a plus
- Splicing and sending test emails / deploying final emails
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years experience in retouching images
- Graphic design experience, a plus.
- Experience with light splicing and web/email coding, a plus
- Thorough understanding of digital editing processes and related software
- Proficient in Adobe's Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Capture One, Lightroom and Bridge
- Highly skilled at color correcting, resizing, and general photo editing techniques such as masking, cloning/healing, dodging/burning, recoloration, etc.
- Experience processing Camera Raw, TIFF, PNG and JPEG image files, file optimization and management
- Strong visual sensibility and a meticulous eye for detail
- Able to work collaboratively, with a solution-oriented mindset
- Able to work quickly and efficiently with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining quality deliverables
- A self-starter with a curious mind, who continually seeks ways to improve processes and build efficiencies within the team
At Z SUPPLY, departments work cross-functionally enabling everyone to further their knowledge and expertise in an inclusive, supportive environment that is committed to healthy work/life balance, peer mentorship, and community outreach. Want to join our growing team? Apply today! Please send through a resume, examples of your work, and a brief description about yourself. Best of luck in the process. We hope we get the chance to work with you!
Please send resumes to email@example.com